Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I left my heart...

I finished my second day of TESOL training today, and tomorrow is our first day of practice teaching. I'm looking forward to it, although, of course, I'm nervous. Hopefully after this first hurdle I'll be a bit more confident. This evening I agonized over my lesson plan for this first, dinky 15 minute lesson that's primarily meant to get our feet wet. I know that it was overkill, but I so want to be a good teacher.

I'm enjoying my stay in San Francisco. I'm staying at the Kenmore Hotel, which you can see to the right. It's a 'residence inn', which is like a cross between a hotel and a youth hostel. I don't have to use a bathroom down the hall, but I do have a roommate. He's a medical student from Brazil named Fernando, who's here for a month taking an English conversation course. His English is actually quite good; he's very funny, which is difficult in a foreign language. Breakfast and dinner are provided here, but there are no TV's or really any other "luxuries" in the rooms.

I haven't had much time to explore the city. My class is over at 4:30pm, and I have to be back at the hotel between 5:30 and 7:00pm if I want dinner. Since teaching practice is on Wednesdays and Fridays, it looks like I'll have the weekends to look around town.

I really meant to write more in this post, but it's 11:30pm and I need to go to bed.

No comments: