Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Going away party


The Saturday before last I was invited to a going away party for Steven, a former teacher at my school. It was held on the rooftop of the apartment building where Patrick, a current teacher, lives. There was a good mix of foreign devils and Taiwanese. I tried some delicious barbecued kebobs, sausages, chicken, beef, and then later 剉冰 (cuo4 bing1 - shaved ice) and even brownies! All washed down with alcohol, of course. A Taiwanese cabbie was my DD, so not to worry.

It was nice to get to mingle with fellow ex-pats and Taiwanese outside of work. Here are some photos, courtesy of Randy (Happy Birthday today), yet another co-worker. Look for the geeky, bald guy wearing the baseball shirt...that'll be me.


Rooftops have an ambiance all their own



The guest-of-honor, our host, and ??



Contrary to what this picture suggests, I only had 3 drinks.
And why is she flipping me the bird?!



The beauty of Taiwanese women is legendary, lol



1 comment:

E.Michael Liu said...

hi steve i love the pic, and man look at that view in back. anyway to answer you question st cloud is about 30 to 45 min from Monticello not far at all.