Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rise of the phoenix

Typhoon Fung-Wong (鳳凰), meaning "phoenix", is expected to hit Taiwan Monday morning (Sunday afternoon in California). Click the image to enlarge.

This will be my first typhoon, so I'm anxious to see what happens. If it continues in the path expected, it looks like the government will announce school and work closures for Monday. Keep your fingers crossed; I could use a 2-day weekend!

7:00pm UPDATE: Gov't announced school closures for Taoyuan! I'm going out right now to pick up some bottled water.

7 comments:

michael_karo said...

yikes! baten down the hatches! stay away from the windows!

Unknown said...

Ooh I hope nobody gets hurt! Be careful!

Love,
Austin

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Steve. It kinda petered out over the central mountains. Oh well, better luck next time! ;)

Steve4nLanguage said...

Hi Marc, Well, it ended up being anticlimactic. But hey, a day off is a day off!

Steve4nLanguage said...

Michael & Austin, Not to worry, it seemed like a mild rain here in Taoyuan.

Anonymous said...

What do you expect from Typhoon Wong? Now if it was "Typhoon Right or Right on Target", I would change zip codes...

Your Pinto Drivin' buddy

Steve said...

"anonymous" You are too crazy! You know, I saw a Pinto just like yours not too long before I left the US. Same round bubble window, same color blue. Ah, good memories.