Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My first scooter attempt


Another first for the new year: After almost nine months in Taiwan, I drove a scooter for the first time.

We started on a little-used road, the road in the video. My only problem was turning once; my legs are long and one time my hand became wedged between the handlebars and my leg and I turned. For a few seconds I was stuck and almost laid the scooter down. Now I know to keep my knees out of the way.

After my brief lesson, I drove us to the beach. Fortunately, the path we took had nice, wide streets and little traffic. It was really fun, and now I'm looking forward to buying a scooter, perhaps in time for summer.

Driving a scooter for the first time in Taiwan 機車 第一次

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha that's awesome! I want to get a scooter too but I have to wait until I get my license. :P

I can't wait! ^_^

I'm taking driver's classes this April. Right now I'm taking a Java programming class (online) and it's a lot of fun. I'm about to go take a quiz for it. Wish me luck!

I love and miss you,
Austin