Friday, February 6, 2009

Chinese New Year - Part 2


Unfortunately, I took too long to post this entry, so I forget exactly what happened when. Anyway, here are some more photos [click to enlarge]:

This is 檳榔 binlang, known as betel nut in English. Chewing it gives you a warm, alert feeling, but that's not the only reason it's popular here.I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but, after all, it was New Years, and Chyo's visiting uncle turned out to be my 'supplier.'The warm, alert feeling I got did not make up for the nasty taste and blood red stains in my mouth. I'll stick to Merlot, thank you very much.

3 comments:

SHUO said...

Hello,Steve.Thanks for your comment.

I always want to visit Taiwan,it seems like you live an amazing life there.

Good thing that there's direct flight from my city(Shenzhen) to Taiwan.Hope to make it soon.^^

Anonymous said...

hey Steve...

Sarah here...your student from Richmond
i am going to Australia tomorrow
wow...time flies

keep in touch and take care

Steve said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for leaving a message; I hope you'll see this one. Have a safe trip to Australia and good luck! You can send me an email if you want at steve4nlanguage@yahoo.com.